Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's so nice and quiet here... :)

All I can hear right now are a couple birds chirping and my computer fan. Niiice. Oh---and a dog under my bed.

I need to get the oil changed in my car today. It's one of my favorite errands. And I own a 5 carat, sparkly diamond. And my 3 maids are coming today to clean my house AND the carpets. And my kids are perfect. Yup. ;)

I do really need to get the oil changed, though. This will be try number two running that favorite errand. See, I already had that accomplished feeling yesterday, at Walmart's Lube & Oil, only to be paged after about thirty minutes..."Lucy Liu, will you please see the technician in the Lube & Oil dept? Lucy Liu?". Not kidding. I felt like a celebrity in the house. I walked back to see the technician, where a crowd of people stood to greet me...haha.... I thought the technician was going to tell me the oil change was finished, but instead he told me one of the bolts was stripped at the top of something or other (i'm not a mechanic) and I would need to take it back to the last place I had the oil changed. UGH!!! So, today I will try again. This time to the dealership, where they can charge me twice as much, but at least the car will be clean! I don't wanna go....

Oh, and I went to look for a birthday card at Target yesterday. First, though, I dropped my kids off at Chick Filet, because looking at cards with three kids around is IMPOSSIBLE. When I got to the card section at Target, there was a husband and wife looking at cards also. At first they were both just a few feet away from me, and then the husband walked to the next aisle which also had cards. I was just about to pick up one up to read, and this card comes poking through the rack from the other aisle, and I hear, "Marge, read this one." (I don't remember if that was the wife's name, but she looked like a Marge). It was obvious he thought it was his wife standing there. So, I started laughing quietly, and then he starts shaking the card impatiently, trying to get his wife to take it from his hand. LOL. I looked down the aisle at the wife and said "I think this card's for you." Then the husband heard me, too, and we all cracked up. Ahhh...funny. :) (I wish that had happened at Walmart earlier. It would have made the trip there worth it!).

Well, I guess I should get up. My coffee cup is drained. Unlike the oil in my van.

Welcome to the first day of summer vacation, David & Chloe!!

Have a cool day, to all that lay eyes on this blog. God is good! And I will look for something good while I'm waiting for the oil to be changed. :)

No comments: