Monday, August 23, 2010

Taking the time...

...to write. I'm thinking this should be as regular for me as exercise should be! Yeah, now you have a hint as to how disciplined I am at it.
This is going to be a milestone week, and I am flooded with emotions over it. Alyssa is moving into her dorm, starting college, this Thursday, August 26th. I am so excited for all the opportunities that she will face, I'm a little nervous (any Mom must wonder, "Did I teach them how to handle all the situations they will come up against??"), and I'm more than a little sad. Wow! Childhood passes so quickly.
I look up to Alyssa. She has been an amazing example of discipline to me, her MOM. :) If her discipline were to be displayed physically, she would be winning top prizes at fitness competitions...she would be ripped! :)
God has blessed me with my heart's desire. I am watching my kids grow in the knowledge and goodness of Christ. There is nothing else I want more. I love seeing God at work in each of my kids...He knows just how to reach them and teach them. He is creating individual masterpieces. My prayer is that my kids would continue to be more and more open to him...the all perfect friend, father, comfort, truth.
On another note, I have been thinking the last couple days about what kinds of things pierce darkness. What gives light to dark times? I could write a long list of ways that God has lit up my dark times over the years. Recalling his goodness. But, I don't think God wants us to just recall it and keep it for ourselves...he wants us to share the light that He gives us, to realize that's where satisfaction lies. It's all about giving it away.
Heidi wasn't feeling good this morning...her allergies make her feel sick at times. But I sent her to school anyway. It may seem a little trivial, but for her that is a dark time, having to go to school feeling stuffed up and blah! After giving her more allergy meds, it felt perfect and satisfying to pray with her and invite God to be with her today.
And now...it's time to get this Monday morning "crack-a-lackin'", as Alyssa would say :)

No comments: