Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's gonna be okay...

Last night, my family and I went to see the movie "Letters to God". I really needed that. I love spending time with my family, and in the light of us all losing both a family member and a friend this last month, we needed this.

The movie may have had a bit of corny acting, but the message of the movie rang with truth, it was hope-filled, and it shone light in a dark place...Jesus' name was lifted high in the midst of the tragedy of cancer. I needed to hear that. I needed to hear a holy perspective, and I needed my kids to hear that, too. Lucky for me, my kids liked the movie ;)

The movie did exactly what Cindy did in real life. God's name was honored and put where it should be - lifted up! Like the boy in the story, Cindy suffered a lot. But, in the midst of the suffering, in their earthly jars of clay, they let God shine. I like to picture a cracked pot that lets light shine through...to me, that's a comforting image.

They were warriors, fighting, to give God the victory. I needed my kids to have that example reinforced in their hearts and minds. The characters in this movie, and even more, Cindy, did that. They demonstrated love for their Savior, and showed that it was more important than anything else. They battled to lift His name high, and draw others to it.

This morning, Steve, the person that feels the loss of Cindy even more than we do, got up and gave his message at church. Through tears and grief, he spoke about losing his beautiful bride Cindy, and not only did he speak about his loss, but he spoke about having faith NOW. That He was going to face this battle of loss with Jesus, and not without Him.

I cried tears again this morning, but like last night, these are hopeful tears. I know I'm going to be okay. I have seen in the past God's care for me, and I am going to ride out this loss with Him. I know He is going to be His unchanging self, and love me through this one too. And, after all this, if I cling to Jesus? I know I will love Him more. From deep in my heart, I give Him my worship...I delight to give it to Him. He is so faithful.

On a closing note, the wind was blowing today and it caused curtains near the ceiling in the auditorium to move and let more light in at times during the service. I loved that. Even through the darkness of grieving, light comes in, and is a perfect and timely gift given by God. I felt God's presence there this morning.

One other thing I needed last night...the girls sat in the row behind us, and no sooner had they sat down, the food fight started... love my goofy kids!

It's gonna be okay...God is faithful. Once again, I can see that.

No comments: