Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Strength vs. weakness…it’s on my mind! It does not take long to come to the end of your strength- I don’t care who you are! We all need it, sometimes in a huge way.

Unlimited strength belongs to God, and He is giving it away. If you belong to Jesus, God says you can call on Him at any time for it.

God cares about us…He is devoted to making us whole and strong. Here’s what He has to say…

“The weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.” 1 Corinthians 1:25

“Seek the Lord and His strength. Seek His presence continually!” Psalm 105:4. Gladly...I need it!

“His divine power gives us everything we need for life and godliness.” 2 Peter 1:3

“God says, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9. It’s really comforting to know that God’s power through Christ is so strong that it just has to be rested on me.

I like how the Amplified version states Habakkuk 3:19. “The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and will make me to walk…not to stand still in terror, but to walk…and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility!”

“Fear not, for I am with you. Do not look around you in terror or be dismayed, for I am you God. I will strengthen you and help you. I’ll hold you up with my strong and victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

”The Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me His message would be spread loud and clear.” 2 Tim 4:17

The following lyrics are from an old hymn, so I won't bother searching for a YouTube video!

"In my weakness He is strong;
In my need He leads me on.
When I come to the end of all I am,
And I place my trust in Him;
That’s when His strength begins –
In my weakness."

I read this comforting statement on a friend’s Facebook today. It said, “Look no further…I am here.” God is close. It’s okay that you’re weak…He can change that.

No comments: